Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Top Things I CANNOT Live without (Part I)

For my first order of business I've decided to make a top 10 list  (I've decided to make this a series and make it Top 5). Among my favorite videos to watch on YouTube, my favorite type of videos are monthly favorites. Hands down, if my favorite beauty gurus are swearing by something, putting their stamp of approval on, you better believe my butt is going to go check it out at my local Rite Aid/Target/Sephora. I might even buy it if it is budget permitting. The only problem with discovering new things is that I am a creature of habit. I usually follow a "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" type of mentality but this is a new year. I will try my best to break the habit and expand my horizons in order to find the best of the best but for now here it is:
P.S. Read after the Jump



My Top 5 Hair Products I CANNOT Live Without
(In no particular order)





.Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo
I've tried quite a few dry shampoos but I always come back to this one. Holy Grail status without a doubt. I'm pretty sure everything on this list is also holy grail status but this one is BAE. I have medium thick wavy/frizzy hair. I use this for two reasons. One is when I might have put too much leave in conditioner in my hair before I dried it and then either curled it or straighten it. My hair as a result will be flatter than ... I have no cool puns but it will be flat and not flattering. I use this and my hair comes back to life. Every single time! I can never over do it so I will be spraying it trying to get my hair as big as Dolly Parton's. Second reason is of course for second day and third day hair grease. It soaks up just as good as baby powder but I've noticed that the baby powder scent plus my own natural hair funk do not leave a nice scent. On top of that, the nasty scent follows me ALL DAY! It;s intolerable. With this dry shampoo, not only does it soak up my hair smell, it leaves it smelling fresh and almost fruity without smelling like I just took a bath in a fruit basket.

This one is an oldie but a goodie. I have tried other conditioners and the only thing that can compare, but not really, is the Macadamia Deep Repair masque. The Aussie conditioner still wins in my eyes from the smell to the end result, the 3 Minute Miracle has my heart. It leaves my hair SILKY smooth. It is so smooth from when I had started using it years ago to now. I've been Blonde and Black and back again but every time I decide to fry my hair this brings it back to life. If you've ever bleached your hair you know what it is like to have a broom stick for a head and this...THIS! is just a staple is in my shower. 

If I'm going to curl my hair, this is what lays the foundation for not having to touch it for the next 3 days (with the exception of some dry shampoo). I comb my wet/damp hair to make sure I do not have any knots, I turn my head upside down, add some leave in conditioner, (check the next product), and add somewhere between a palm full and the size of a golf ball of mousse into my hair spreading it all over. Once the first hand full is in I add another hand full, or a half if I feel my hair feeling too product-y, and scrunch it up as I add it in. I let my hair air dry if I want to rock my "natural" curl but if I want loose waves, I take a curling iron to it. As soon as it is done drying, or if I need to finish up I blow dry my roots messily, I brush out my hair. I section my hair off and curl with my Conair 1 1/2 inch clamp curling iron and that is it. I let my curls cool off, make sure they are sitting where I want them to sit and I literally do not need to curl or even touch up any strands for the next 3 days. These loose waves have been a go-to hairstyle for at least the last 5-6 years.

As I mentioned with my mousse, this is a must every time I wash my hair. If I'm straightening my hair I wont put curling mousse in it because...duh but this tames the frizz and serves as a styling creme meanwhile I air dry my hair. I'm not that good at blowing out my hair so air drying is usually my best option. If I want to speed up the process I use a blow dryer and become The Lion King. 

I have not been in a climate where at one point or another, it gets humid. I don't know how humidity doesn't affect a lot of people's hair but I can tell the amount of humidity is in the air like how Karen from Mean Girls can grab her boobs and tell if it's raining. Now I have yet to find the cure from poofing up into The Lion King when it is humid but this thing has sure helped A LOT. My sister in law used it the day of her wedding, a hot rainy humid summer day in New York City and not one strand moved out of place. My hair wasn't as lucky but it was decent enough to make it through the pictures. If you also suffer from poofy hair due to humidity you need to go get this stuff RIGHT NOW! Although disclaimer: You can over do this stuff. Your hair will turn into a sticky hard mess so just make sure you use enough to cover your head, not every strand. 

~*Extra*~
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
I don't always need some extra shine but when I do I use Paul Mitchell. 
In all seriousness, this stuff is the best thing I have come across if I need some shine without weighing down my hair. Of course I start from the tips of my hair and work my way up but this works for keeping flyaways down, those pesky strands that stay up from flat ironing your hair or just plain old static. This will keep your cowlick at bay.


Let me know if you try any of these products out!

Love,
Isabel M.

No comments:

Post a Comment